Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whats a Solitary Witch to do?

Photobucket
Ok, so a little more about myself. I am a kinda out of the broom closet witch. My family and friends know, some just pretend to not know also. At work, well maybe 1 or 2 people know. I got outed a few months ago for the most crazy reason by a psycho nurse. BTW, I work at a hospital at a Emergency Tech. So, your probably thinking, what crazy reason would this nurse out me? Well I was reading a Harry Potter book not a out in the open book on Witchcraft or the Occult, and she cheated on her husband, and he found out and kicked her out. Of course its nothing she had done, its all MY FAULT and I had put a CURSE/HEX on her! So she goes about telling everyone on our unit that I hexed her. She even went so far as to tell management!!! Which when the time came for them to talk to me, I stopped them quickly saying they are going into religion and if this went any farther I would have to go to HR.

I don't feel the need to flaunt my religion at work. I rather not talk about it really there at all. If someone asks me I will answer them, but NEVER do I start up the conversation about religion. I had a interesting night the other night (I work midnights, 12 hour shifts 7pm to 730am), I was tending to this little old woman who was dying. I can't beat around the bush, when your 90 years old and have cancer plus pneumonia really we are just there to make you comfortable. Anyways, she asked me "Are you a witch dear?", I was so taken aback that I said no. She then said, "too bad, if you were you could do a spell for me to get better". I felt aweful. I don't wear anything that would proclaim me a witch at work. I wear a raw quarts crystal point and the triple moon sign. Which when people ask I just say its the moon, as I love the moon. I don't want to give anyone anxiety. I deal with a lot of elderly, and a lot of them are to the bone christians. I have nothing against christians, I even wear a saints bracelet after the holidays (when a lot of elderly come to the hospital to die sadly) to make them feel at ease.

I guess this entry is really me just venting the last few days. I have not be able to get online to blog. I work 3 nights a week plus go to school full time. When I get free time I try and relax, meditate, read a romance book or study a little bit of herbalism.

So until next time...
Photobucket


2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Even though I am a very "out" witch, once in a while someone I don't know well will ask me if I'm a pagan or a witch, and my brain takes a sudden holiday on how to answer.

In my case, there is always that fear in the back of my head that they are asking to start up something malicious. There are still plenty of nuts out there, and you just never know.

I can totally understand you wish not to cause your older patience any stress by admitting to your beliefs. It's not about taking an easy way for yourself, just giving them an easier way. Folks at that age are very set in their beliefs and in their superstitions. It's a kindness on your part to not get them all riled up with their own misconceptions. Not everyone would be so kind.

And good on you to nip that religious questioning at work before it got out of hand! They should have been giving that other woman a psychological test to see why she'd be accusing someone of hexing her. Geez!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I found your blog from mrsb and I feel you. I am very private about my paganism. I am more vocal about it online lol. I do talk about religion but usually only with friends whom know. On occasion I will have a discussion and at some point I am usually asked if I am a pagan. Around here pagan is like a bad word so I never know quite what to say. I confuse people because I don't force my beleifs on my children. As a matter of fact I teach them about all religions, my 3 yr old is even in a baptist daycare. I give you mad kudos for taking the stand you have and must applaud you for your graciousness and compassion. To me you are showing the true love that is within paganism!