Saturday, August 2, 2008

Quick Note on Lammas...


Ok, so sadly I had to work Aug. 1st. I work midnight shift at a near by hospital as a Emergency Tech. That means 7pm-730am shift. Well we are blessed (or cursed) to have a Starbucks coffee place in our hospital. Since I was not able to muster up a harvest feast for the evening meal, I was very excited to find a Berry Stella and I tried one of those Vivanno Orange Mango Banana smoothies. The Berry Stells was in a shape of a star (points for the shape!) and on top of the cake is a bunch of oat meal and other grains with blueberries and raspberries. YUMM!! So that was my harvest feast.

"I hope you’ve had a chance to try the new Starbucks Vivanno (TM) Nourishing Blends. In addition to this nutritious beverage we have also introduced this week a new food item, Berry Stella. The Berry Stella is 100% whole grain which delivers a hearty blend of fiber and a satiating boost of energy. In addition to being full of the goodness of real fruit, it also provides more than 200mg of Omega-3’s. Berry Stella: 280 calories, over 6g fiber, 6g protein "

Ok well I am off to work again, wish me luck!

1 comment:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

The best advice someone ever gave me, when I started on my path, was to remember that the sabbats introduce a season -- and that if you can't celebrate on the exact date, just celebrate another day that is more convenient. Just think of it like someone who celebrates Christmas on two separate days to accommodate family.

Sounds like you found a great substitute, though!