Thursday, August 21, 2008

My not so Witchy Garden

Ok well, most of the blogs I read have shown their gardens so far. Well my garden is a very sad thing. I planted last spring, and that was it! I have been so busy this summer plus with my injuries. In june I fractured my sacrum (bone holding spine, hips and pelvis), then once I was kinda healed and back to work I got a foot contusion (bone bruise). Ontop of those injuries, I had school with a crazy professor who thought this was grad school not undergrad entry level class. So, I am so very new to herbalism and learning my herbs, this is my first year of sorta gardening. So anyways here are some photos!

Photobucket

That is me, trying to clear the area for next years REAL garden

Photobucket

My Mom, see how tall those things are. I think they are vervain? Here is some more...

Photobucket
Photobucket

My Lavender, its really coming in nice!

Photobucket
Photobucket

The huge hibiscus! I will be drying those soon!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The roses, those also will be dried and also made into rose water!

Photobucket

The gigantic raspberry bush! Its working on its 3rd batch of berries! I love these, I want to plant a blackberry bush next to it in the spring in the hopes they might mate.

Photobucket

Last, but not least the mystery plant. I have no clue what it is. Anyone know?

Ok, until next time...


2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

That looks like a pretty nice garden to me!

Your lavender is fabulous! I LOVE lavender, and I just can't get it to grow well. I think it really needs thrown in the ground and left, but it get so freaking cold here in the winter, it dies out. In a pot, it just won't grow fast enough to do anything, dang it!

Great pictures!

Khamona said...

All those pictures are cell phone pictures. Lavender needs kinda like a sandy ground. It is growing in gravel for me.