Sunday, August 17, 2008

My furture plans...

Ok, so some plans for the future. I want to be a mother, very very badly. I am a single woman without any real prospects of a husband. So I am a woman of the 21st century! I don't need a man to have a baby, just his DNA. LOL, as much as I keep telling myself this one I have yet to find my ideal "sperm donor". At the major sabbaths and solstices I ask the Goddess for her help. Anyways, in preparation for my future motherly ways, I am in the very very hard process of converting over to organics. Since I moved back in with my mother, 1 to save on rent, 2 because I am finishing my college degree, and 3 because she is lonely. We have converted to 100% organic milk, cheeses, yogurt, and eggs. We purchased half of a organic cow and pig. (I try not to think about it) that is filling up our standup freezer and kitchen freezer. I am trying as best as I can to grow my own herbs. That is not going so well. I grew organic raspberries, tomatoes and strawberries this year without problems though. YAY me!

Photobucket

Your probably wondering where I am going with this? Well in my quest to become a mommy, I am trying to eat correctly and flush out all the impurities that processed foods have placed in my body. Man, can I tell you that I feel a lot better eating the same things I do normally, just organically. A lot of people tell me that they would eat organically also if it wernt for the cost of the food. Well I am here to give you some tips in purchasing organic foods. Here in the Detroit, Michigan area we have Costco, I know there is costco in other states, and we have Sams Club also. But Costco has a lot of organic foods. And they cost the same if not less than the processed foods. I also shop at Meijers (michigan store comparable to WalMart). Now the cost is a bit more at Meijers for the organic vs the normal non-organic. But by far is the result more desirable. You eat less food, you lose weight (no growth hormones!), and you have less health problems.

I am in the never ending battle of trying to find the time to cook. I like the food better when I do cook, but I keep myself busy almost always and I have to tell myself to slow down and cook my meals. This seems to be the case when going into work. I work from 7pm to 730 am at least 3 nights a week. I NEVER cook before I go into work. So I buy frozen organic meals. Some are good, some are not so good. But they are out there and the price might be a little more or not. Shop around!

Photobucket

I feel that when eating organically and cooking the foods, you are closer to the Goddess. When eating organically you are taking in what She has given to you without soiling it with chemicals and growth hormones. Also I am eating for the purpose of sustaining my body. But don't get me wrong, I love to eat and to cook. I am crazy in the way I have close to 100 cookbooks and find myself going through them to find recipes that I want to try. I even get the magazine Taste of Home. All recipes can be converted to organic meals!

Ok enough rambling or food, until next time...

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

A hint on the cooking issue -- if you don't mind a huge, busy day of cooking on a day off! During the school year, when my families schedules are so busy, I take one day a week to cook up a mess of food, and freeze it in big and smaller batches. Then I have my own, premade frozen dinners that taste way better than the store bought! I also, when cooking something freezable, always make 2 - one to eat that day, one to freeze. And with it just being you and your mom (for now!), you could get a lot of servings from a bigger cooking day.

Khamona said...

Thats a great idea MrsB! Thanks for the advice.