Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Social Group and more...

Ok, well Tiffany and I went to another social group. It was fun. I can't stress enough that everyone should get out there and meet new people. Anyways, so it happened we went to the new pagan social group on the day when they had planned a small ritual for Lammas. We just watched though were given the option to join right in. I was happy to see that they were all happy and laughing during the ritual, not all serious and boring. The group, like the one we went to Tuesday night is a menagerie of solitaries and covens of different paths. It was nice.

Photobucket

Some things of interest. I have been very interested in herbalism lately. I am trying to suck up all the knowledge I can get on it. Though I am a complete novice when it comes to this, I am going to try my hand at making my own essential oil this year. I have a nice large healthy lavender bush this year that is almost ready to be harvested. I will post about it once I do. Also I am working on a neat little craft, candle making. I know a lot of people make candles, but I feel that candles made especially for rituals are very much needed. So I am going to start with candles that are in jars, made out of beeswax and colored correctly. I will post on here some photos of them once I make them. A lot of people have asked me if I plan to sell them...lol... well I guess its going to have to depend on how well they come out! Though I plan on using only local organic beeswax and herbs along with crystals that correspond with the ritual these candles are designed for. If any of you have any ideas or advice please let me know!

1 comment:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

What a great idea! I've always wanted to try candle making, but just never seem to have ever had the time and/or money at the same time, lol!

Great idea for a mail order/internet type shop, too, if you are so inclined. Especially using organic ingredients and creating them specifically for rituals or sabbats.

If you don't know already, a great place to get stones or crystals that are small and reasonably priced is in the jewelry section of your local craft store.

I was never into making jewelry, so I never realized how great the price is for a string of stones there! I use them to throw in plants to help imbibe them in certain vibrations while they are growing, in mojo bags, to press into the outside of candles - all sorts of things!