Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Metro-Detroit Area Pagans

Photobucket
Well I went to a monthly meeting of Detroit area Pagans. My Witchy friend Tiffany from High School tagged along with me. I met some new people and a few remembered me from the June meeting before I fractured my sacrum. Anyways, it was a great evening. I highly recommend people to join pagan social groups in their area, THEY ARE OUT THERE! Its nice to meet people from many different paths, its just a hoot of a time! Also this week, I will be going with Tiffany to another group get together. I am looking forward to it. So much support and knowledge can be had by getting out there and meeting people of like minds.

On another note, Tiffany was one of my best friends in High School, we formed our first coven together. We fell out of touch after HS and after 6 years we found each other on myspace! So I was so thrilled to find her again, funny enough I found her again when I most needed her and was on my way back to the Goddess. It is funny how things work out! Since getting back in touch with her, I also found my other best friend and coven mate Meghan! All of us are older and wiser, though I am not planning on forming a Coven again with them, it is always great to have some witchy chicks around. We used to compare ourselves to the Triple Goddess, I know that is presumptuous of us, but at the time we were in the maiden form physically and spiritually, now I feel we have moved into a somewhat Mother form, though only spiritually at the moment.
Photobucket

3 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

First of all, let me say your blog looks amazing! Love the new layout!

And I don't think there is anything wrong with comparing yourself to the Triple Goddess. Just as many pagans take on a magical name incorporating a God/dess name, it's just a way to open yourself to the aspects of the God or Goddess you follow or respect.

Isn't it strange how life comes back around to the people or things that you need the most at just the right time? How cool to meet up with former coven members now that you are back on the path!

Little Blue Pixie said...

I'm so glad we reconnected and are reaching out together. The groups have been fun! I just started a new blog on here (I had one, but I deleted it)...look for ScreamingWhispersOfMySoul.

Little Blue Pixie said...

BTW...can you show me how to put my own pics on my blog background????