Monday, August 25, 2008

Pagan Shopping!

Ok, well I just love the Michigan Renaissance Festival. Pretty much it is like one big Pagan Marketplace, every booth and store has something pagan. Anyways I got some great things. I went there with a set amount of money (very easy to whip out the credit cards there), and a shopping list. I am rebuilding my whole alter. Long story short, a few years ago I moved away and left all my stuff with my Mother, her boyfriends bible thumping sister burned it all in a effort to "cleans the house of the devil" when she found my stuff during a garage sale. Well she will or has already found out that karma is a B**ch!! So... back on subject, I got myself a broom, chalice and a ceramic jug for my waters I use for ritual, herbalism, and scrying. Tiffany, Meghan and I all got brooms. I choose all my tools on how they speak to me, though touch and feeling. When we went to the broom shop, I walked up to the brooms and I felt the need to go to the back, so as I walked in the back a broom caught my skirt and I turned and there it was! Its handle is a natural greenish color wood and all twisted. If you like my chalice and Jug (travel mug) you can see more of Paint Creek Pottery and purchase them here, also if your interested in these brooms by L&W Creations, you can contact the artist by email here. Here are some photos.
Photobucket
(Meghan, Me, Tiffany)
Photobucket
(Me and my awesome twisted wood broom)
Photobucket
(Meghan and her twisted wood broom, with the Goddess carved into it)
Photobucket
(Tiffany and her Husband Ryan, and her twisted wood broom)
Photobucket
(Tiffany and her Triple Moon Pentacle headpiece)
Photobucket
(A close-up of the stoneware chalice and jug)

I always advise people to go to the Renaissance Fairs, you can find unique things for your alter, every day pagan needs, and just fun things in general. I will be going back in two weeks again with my Mother to get more things.

So, until next time...

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Looks like a great time! And what beautiful things you got!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I left something on my blog for you!