Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weekend Musings...Some advice to people new to the craft!

CLICK HERE FOR Witchy's Wikked Graphix



Ok, time for me to impart some advice. Look and look at as many things as you can. Read books, the good and the bad. Read blogs and talk to people. Pagans, Wiccans, Druids and the such are very open people. We may not come right out and say I AM A WITCH/PAGAN/DRUID, but if you come to us without any malicious intent we gladly will impart any knowledge we might have to those who seek it.

As, you can see I like to post witchy graphics on my page. I am sure you will see lots more of them to come, I just can't post a blog without some kind of eye-candy. Just right click over all the graphics and save them to your desktop, then go to www.photobucket.com or some other photo site and get a free account, then upload them. You can then share the graphics with your friends on your own blog or myspace. Speaking of Myspace, I have a myspace! Add me as your friend, just click the link myspace and add me to your friends. Sorry no facebook or whatever pages, takes to much time just to keep up my myspace page. Though I do have a paganspace page, but I don't go onto it at all.
Photobucket

Ok, now I want to introduce my blog helpers, I have three little helpers who are always with me when I blog for some reason. I shall go from oldest to youngest, though not in the order of how long they have been in my life. (sorry for the poor quality cell phone pictures)

My oldest is Orion, he was a rescue of mine. Been with me for 6 years. We call him our crazy old man, he is a peach colored medium hair. He takes off one side of his whiskers almost always. Sometime he takes off both sides. He is loving and crazy mean at the same time. I think he is bipolar. He only knows how to speak grumpy cat. He announces his arrival into any room with a string of meows and hisses.

Photobucket

My middle "child" is Maverick. Been with me for 7 years. A solid black medium hair. He was out of a barn cat at our old horse stable. He is my helper in the kitchen and when I go and work in the herb garden. He is the only one who is indoor/outdoor cat. I have tried keeping him inside, but he just hates it. If I am doing any ritual he seems to always be at my feet or in a perch close by.

Photobucket

Lastly, is Buffy (yes, named after Buffy the Vampire Slayer). She has been with me for little over a year, and she is a short hair tabby. She was a wild barn kitten who I domesticated from crazy wild (note the skull and cross bones collar) to now always in my shadow giving me love. I like to refer to her as my magick cat in training. She is always on the table when I am trying to prepare my herbs. (its and never ending battle) She will always try and get onto the alter to see whats going on. By far she is my most interested in the things I do. She is my shadow.

Photobucket

I love my kitties, they help me do just about everything. Even help me corral the three hell-beasts (dogs) in the back room (thats Orion's job). I always like to know they are with me, they "see" the things I don't or they know before I do. I guess I can call them a security system.

So, enough ramblings for one day... Until next time!