Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Coming out of the Broom-Closet...



Ok, some advice on coming out of the broom-closet to your VERY VERY CHRISTIAN family members. I like to think of myself as someone who can be nice and break news lightly if need be. Well, this time I just came out with a shout so to speak. Here is a little back ground. My parents divorced when I was just a few weeks old. I had zero contact with my fathers side of the family until I graduated from high school. Anyways, I still don't talk to my father. But I learned I have a brother who is 4 years younger than me and we talk through Myspace and letters. Also I started talking to my Grandfather (my fathers father). Ok, my father is a Mormon. That being said, my Grandfather is a Evangelical Christian who has his own Ministery. Now I am not a Christian hater or basher. To each their own. But anyways...So since I have not meet anyone from this side of the family its hard to feel for who they really are. So anyways, my Grandfather is always asking to fly me out west to meet him and the family. Well, so being the perfect granddaughter (blunt to a fault), I tell him, by the way I am a Wiccan/Pagan and I don't want to be converted... so don't waste your time. LOL it wasnt just like that, I did put it nicer, but you get the jist of it. I have not heard from him as of yet, so we shall see if my invitation is still there. Though really I don't know if I would even go. I am a very shy person (hence the blog), and meeting a bunch of people I have never met ALONE would kinda suck for me.

Ok, until Next time....

No comments: