Thursday, July 31, 2008

An Introduction of a Witch

Ok, well this is my first post. This is something I have always wanted to do, but just seem to never get around to starting a blog. So today is the day! As for an introduction of myself, my name is Erin. I have been studying Paganism, Wicca, Druidism and all things spiritual for almost as long as I can remember. I always felt lost within the Christian church. My Grandparents being Lutheran/Methodist and my mother reading me stories of Greek mythology. Therefore, by the time I was 12 I was deeply rooted in nature and all things magical, but still could not understand it. Though one of the most unrealistic movies opened my eyes to Wicca is an odd way. The movie The Craft, though not about Wicca at all, it started me down the path of reading books on Witchcraft which in turn lead me to Wicca.

So, through the years I have read lots of books. Stopped and changed my religion (like an IDIOT) for a man. After a few years of not feeling right, it all culminated with a freak out going to work last winter. Never burn the candle at both ends, it doesn’t leave you much! For the past 4 months I have been doing deep inner seeking and rereading some of my favorites and trying some new books out as well. Oddly enough, I feel like I am starting all over again, which I guess is the truth.

So… I guess stay tuned for more blogs about my discoveries and journey as a Solitary Witch.

Photobucket

1 comment:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

LOL! The Craft is a great movie! I just watched it about 2 days ago!

Though it isn't straight out Wicca, it has a lot of realistic elements in it, and I'm sure you're not the only one who searched out more information after watching it.

Did you know that Fariza Balk, who played Nancy, is herself a pagan?